Neurofeedback for Children & Adolescents
We understand how difficult it is to see your child struggle.
ADHD/ADD, mood disorders, medical issues, and autism spectrum disorders are problems that impact children in many ways, including: school performance, family relationships, social interactions, and ability to complete daily routines. As parents or guardians, there often comes a feeling of helplessness when you try to help your children...and yet they still struggle. Chances are, you've read books or searched the internet for answers. Now you've probably come to the realization that you and your child need help.
We are so happy you are here, because we have seen first-hand how neurofeedback can make significant and positive changes in people's lives.
Call for your free 15 minute consultation 475-221-8142. Telehealth available!
We understand why families are looking for medication-free options.
Medications are often prescribed to improve symptoms and quality of life, but frequently come with unpleasant side effects and mixed results. It's understandable why families are often hesitant to give a child medication, especially since their brains and bodies are still developing. Neurofeedback for children and adolescents gives parents a safe, effective, and medication-free option.
Regardless of whether your child is on medication, neurofeedback can help. In fact, some children already on medication are able to reduce or discontinue their medication after completing neurofeedback. We realize that every child is unique, and that each child needs a unique treatment plan specific to his or her needs (and brain!).
Neurofeedback is a safe, effective, non-medication intervention. It can be used on its own or in combination with medications and psychotherapy.
What we Help
- Learning Disabilities
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Post-Concussion Syndrome
- Headaches / Migraines
The Center for NeuroPotential has clinicians who are in-network with Husky and Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. Husky covers most, but not all, costs of neurofeedback. Unfortunately, most Anthem plans no longer cover neurofeedback due to a change in their policy. However, Anthem continues to cover psychotherapy and counseling services.
How it Works
- Clinical Interview - We meet with you and your child to identify challenges your child is experiencing and discuss the process of neurofeedback. We also administer rating scales to measure symptoms and identify treatment goals.
- Brain Mapping - A Quantitative EEG (QEEG) measures your child's brain wave activity and patterns, creating a brain map. The results of this brain map determine the neurofeedback training protocol, which identifies what brain activity we want to reinforce.
- Train the Brain - Your child participates in neurofeedback brain training 2-3 times a week. The process is often fun, and can be done while your child watches a program on Netflix. Our Neurofeedback page provides detailed information on how this brain training works.
- Repeat Brain Mapping - After approximately every 15 neurofeedback sessions, we repeat the QEEG to see what changes the brain has made and determine if we need to change the training protocol. We also re-administer rating scales to look at symptom improvement.
To have a free 15 minute consultation to determine if neurofeedback is a good option for your child, please call us at 475-221-8142. We can also discuss if counseling services are needed.
You can also check out our Neurofeedback Case Studies page to see how Neurofeedback has helped our patients.